Mac Financial Software for Home User

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by texastiger, Jul 6, 2009.

1. texastiger macrumors newbie

What is the best available financial software for the iMac instead of Quicken 2007? Need to do online banking, access, etc to bank accounts. Strictly home/personal use; do not need it for business purposes at this time. Had heard there would be a Quicken 09, but Quicken won't answer my emails. TIA.

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

3. Macafarian macrumors newbie

Macafarian

I think iBank works nicely. And then there's Money, and also Squirrel. And like Duff-Man said, the infamous Quicken '09 (Not released yet)

4. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I'd be interested to hear if other have found a better solution than Quicken 2007 (not including the now extinct 2009/financial life beta users).

I've tried iBank, MacFreelance, and Billings but wasn't impressed. I didn't bother to really get to know the program, that would be a waste of my time, but I have't found real good feedback on which is best. I know Quicken 2007 sucks, I was VERY UNIMPRESSED with navigating it after I migrated from Windows Quicken 05'. Though I must say my problem wasn't the power of the program but the way you navigate it. I find it's just not user friendly. Making spreadsheets, analyzing data, pretty much normal use type activity that you would do on a PC I find the interface is confusing on a Mac..... which makes no sense to me. But IMO, beneth all that the data is in fact there and ready for the next hopefully useful upgrade.

But I didn't get that impression with iBank, Billings, or MacFreelance. My opinion is completely biased I admit. I've been a Quicken user since 2000.

How do other feel it truly compares vs these others? Has anyone used Billings or MacFreelance?