Mac Finder Advance Search, bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Acelando, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Acelando, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015

Acelando macrumors newbie

Hi,

so i came across this today, and I have been having a hard time figuring this out , not sure if it's a bug or I am doing something wrong , it looks like a bug , anyone can help me here?

Create a new Smart Folder as following:

Kind is (Image)(All)
    Non of the following are true
    (Last opened date) is (today)
    the result still shows the files that are last opened today
    Finder Advance Search bug .png

Note:
    - it's better if you show the date last opened, Right Click > Show View Options > Date Last Opened
    - to make: (None) of the following are true . hold down the Option Key and the + will turn to ...

i have similar issue with "within last" , "this week" ,"this month" & "this year"

what is the issue here?

I'm trying to create a Smart folder that shows the Images that was not opened today.

I have OS X 10.10.2

I would appreciate it if you post your results

2. chown33 macrumors 604

I see the same result in Mountain Lion. It doesn't work properly for "Date modified" either.

I didn't test other date criteria.

It works properly for the Name criterion. That is, when I choose "None of the following" and enter a "Name matches" criteria under the composite, the results correctly exclude image files matching the name.

I didn't check other search criteria.

To me it looks like a bug. It also looks like its existed for a while (since Mtn Lion at least). Please file a bug report:
    https://bugreport.apple.com/

3. Acelando thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you i didn't know there is a page for reporting bugs in Apple, i have reported the issue and waiting for respond , i have already posted that issue in www.apple.com/feedback/ but i think it wasn't' the appropriate place for it since there is bugreport.apple.com .. Thank you for replying ^^

4. dyt1983, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.

5. Acelando thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry but i don't get what you are trying to say.

6. dyt1983, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2015

dyt1983 macrumors 65816

edit: To remove personally identifying information not relevant to the thread.