Mac Finder Window goes beyond bottom of screen

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ttexryan, Feb 22, 2008.

1. ttexryan macrumors newbie

I have Leopard. When I open the Finder window - click on the Hard Drive icon on the desktop, the finder window opens up and it is very large and protrudes beyond the bottom of the screen. I can not minimize by clicking the yellow button (on the left) or make it smaller by dragging the right hand side. Very frustrating. Has anybody else had this issue. Has anybody had this issue and fixed it?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

What happens if you press the green button?

If that fails, try moving ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist to the desktop and restarting finder.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

deleting the Finder plist wont do it as each folder has a .DS_Store file which handles size and view. it will set all the settings in Finder's preferences to default.

just drag the window up by title bar and then resize it. when you close it, it should open at the same size again.

4. ttexryan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you swiftaw. Actually clicking the green button made it smaller so I could control the size.

Sorry - former PC user. I was thinking to complicated. I thought the screen was already maximized, but I didn't know clicking the green button would also make it smaller.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

it resizes to fit the content in the window. so if there was only a couple of files it will be small.