Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmaquarry

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
Need some advice or help here :) :

3 months ago i catastrophically spilt wine on my Macbook (2007 white 2.0ghz) Sadly the system and hardware appeared to be ruined...

After leaving it to dry for two weeks - some of the system appeared to be working again ie. screen and hard drive however keyboard was completely dead, the battery wouldn't charge, and screen kept turning on and off at login

Now 3 months on -

the keyboard has miraculously fixed itself, apart from one key.

i have narrowed the battery problem down to the battery itself which is replaceable

The screen no longer switches on and off ONLY if the battery is removed

The OS is working perfectly.

My question is, based on this "fixing itself" how likely are the chances of my getting back my letter h? And how come the screen will go on and off from sleep except for when my battery is not installed? - Is there anything i can do to help my mac on its mission of healing?

jmaquarry

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 14, 2009
The warranty is already void, so I would try disassembling the top case and cleaning under the keyboard. Especially the letter "h". :)
thanks... already had a good keyboard clean - well my friend did it for me as he is the computer whiz. - the other day he said he had about 50% of the keys working and now almost all of them work - seems like a cruel irony that after all this still the letter h is being stubborn - im just worried that ill never get it back and have to spend over £100 on a new keyboard for that one letter -

the main thing thats bugging me though is why my macbook wont load if the battery is placed in - without its fine - even when i tried with a different battery... hmm :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.