Mac freezing, again!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jonathantuba, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Jonathantuba macrumors regular

Jonathantuba

Is it just me that finds the iPad Pro a lot more reliable device than the Mac? I have just been trying to email some documents. I drag from finder to email and then get the spinning ball which goes on and on. In the end I have to force quit Mail. I then try to do the same on my iPad Pro dragging from Files to Mail and it all works perfectly without delay.

This is nothing unusual for me on both my iMac and MacBook Air. I have lost count of the number of times I have given up on the Mac and had to go to the iPad to complete the task - so mostly now I don’t bother using the Mac, but do the whole task on my iPad if I possibly can (obviously still some things I can’t do on the iPad, but that gets less with every update).

I don’t want this thread to become another Mac v iPad thread, but wonder if others have this problem, as I don’t read much of such? I even wiped my iMac at one time and installed afresh to try to stop such issues, but they soon came back. It just cannot seem to cope with the amount of data I have, although as I say the 1TB iPad Pro has no problem.

2. Isamilis macrumors 6502a

I am fine with mac. If your system is fresh-installed, usually freeze is early indication of hardware failure. Try to look at console, for any suspicious failure messages.

3. Fishrrman macrumors P6

Fishrrman

OP asked:
    "Is it just me that finds the iPad Pro a lot more reliable device than the Mac?"

Yes.
    It IS "just you".

I could never do ANY kind of "real work" on a tablet.
    I need a large physical keyboard in front of me and a mouse with many buttons on it.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603