mac friendly camcorder

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by macj3, Dec 25, 2010.

1. macj3 macrumors newbie

We're looking to get our first camcorder but are confused as to which one or brand. I have an intel iMac C2D 10.6.5. I searched different fourms and there seems to be alot that are not "mac friendly", some go so far as to say that the mac is not supported when you read the specs and software. a friend has a toshiba and an ibook and has alot of trouble geting the avi files to behave. another likes his canon HF R10 but after reading some reviews that also seems to have some quirks. I always thought macs were theeeee choice when it came to video and photos. looking to stay bellow 400.00us. and have a simple experiance. (home movies,vacation etc.) Any brand/model suggestions or things I should look for???
    Thanks

2. macj3, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

macj3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyone?

Someone must have some suggestions as to a "mac friendly" camcorder. Being new at this I thought someone would have a comment to help. I'm trying to gather asmuch information as possible before I purchase.
    Thanks

3. resom macrumors member

I just got a sony HDR-CX110 for Christmas (It was on sale for $350 at best buy) and it is very mac friendly. I just plugged in the usb and opened imovie and it recognized it right away.
    This is a video I made to test the quality if you're interested. I thought the quality was decent for only $350. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EsyuWwDBt4

4. BigDukeSix macrumors 6502a

BigDukeSix

Cool video. How long did it take you to edit it in IMovie once you got it into the computer? And, what model of computer are you using?

5. resom macrumors member

Thanks, it didn't take long at all. Probably around 30 minutes or less. I just had to shorten clips, delete the audio, and add music so there wasn't much to do. Imovie makes it easy!
    I have a imac 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5