Mac friendly cherry brown keyboard recommendations

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jterp7, May 8, 2013.

1. jterp7 macrumors 6502a

Initially I was set on the Das Mac with Blue...but some research has lead me to believe that the browns may be better.

CM Storm line seems pretty good, but so far they don't make a complete backlit full size and the smaller tk and stealth seem a compromise to me since I like having the numpad. Will be used for typing/general use with occasional SC2. Would like this one (in white) but don't believe it exists for consumer purchase (yet).

[​IMG]

2. kamuix macrumors regular

You may want to try ducky. Those are real nice. Found one with backlit blue and brown switches.
    http://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=146

I'm using a razer blackwidow ultimate with blue switches and it's not too shabby. Just loud clicks when I'm typing lol. There's also filco which make some nice keyboards, but I'm not sure if they are back lit or not.

3. jterp7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

yeah from the reviews its pretty good, but its OOS.

I may reconsider the storm tk in brown but amazon and newegg seem to only carry the red/blues.

4. jterp7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I like this one too..but at $150 this is 2.5x the price of the cm qfp with the rebate. It is sexy though.

[​IMG]

5. kamuix macrumors regular

Yeah the keyboards are nice and very customizable. One of the great things about them. There are some where people put custom key caps for WASD and what not. Special Esc keys also. The keyboards are awesome but do get pricy.

6. yensteel macrumors regular

You can look into Matias Keyboards if you need the special apple keys, they use Alpine Switches but they are tactile (a silent and non-silent version). There's also a tenkeyless version.

7. thedeske macrumors 6502a

Owned Ver 1 & 3 of the tactile pro. Loved em both, but they're not specifically designed as gamer boards. Have a quiet pro coming in today. Thought I'd give one a try.

8. Svend macrumors member

9. jterp7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

easy to find if you're looking for cherry reds or blues, but for brown they haven't seem to have been released anywhere as of yet. Info on geekhack says they have still yet to be released in the US (but are already out elsewhere in the world) for the brown/white led tk. The XT full backlit (pictured above) is more likely Q3 at this point which is soon, hopefully.