Mac Frozen After 3 Restars - Friday 13th Curse - HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by HelixOmnimedia, Apr 13, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello Everyone,

My Powerbook in non-responsive, even after 3 restarts.

I was working in a word doc, when everything just froze. Word, finder, I couldn't click on any folder or buttons. This has never ever happened before in the last 4 years i've had macs.
    I restarted the PB by holding the power button as nothing else would work.

It restarted and automatically logged into the account. The mouse moves and that's it. Everything else is frozen.
    I can't click on anything to open it, when i got down to (any application) the name appears, but when I click it nothing happens. I've restarted the Powerbook three time, and its still the same.

I'm starting to panic, as I have two major assingments on it, which are due in on Monday and i don't have backups (just started them yesterday).

Thanks for any information.

PS.
    I'm using my neighbours WinXP computer to send this. I'll go back home and check what the PB is doing. I should have brought it with me. :rolleyes:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Try starting up in Safe Mode by holding SHIFT at the chime. Does it still freeze? Do you have any third party peripherals plugged in right now, because unplug them for a while to see if they could be contributing to this. :)