Mac g5 dual 1.8 prices

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by forever2morrow, Apr 16, 2009.

1. forever2morrow macrumors newbie

So I've been following these forums for the last few months, but am just now posting. I just bought a macbook pro and am thinking of selling off my g5 was wondering if someone on this forum could give me an idea of a good price to ask. The specs are below and it's in perfect working condition.

g5 Dual 1.8
    OS X 10.4
    2.5GB ram
    Upgraded DVD drive to DVR-115D (last October)
    Upgraded to ATi Radeon X800XT (last January)
    160GB internal Harddrive
    1TB internal Harddrive
    Airport Card

I'm planning to do a complete reformat, so it will just have the standard programs.

includes original boxes keyboard & mouse

Also thinking of throwing in monitor as well - Dell 1704FPV 17in.

any input and suggestions would be appreciated, I love my g5, but after upgrading to the macbook pro, and really have no use for it as all my editing runs fast on the laptop.

thanks.

2. vga4life macrumors 6502

I sold a similar system (but with 10.5 retail, 7GB ram, 7800GS video card, no monitor) for $850 on craigslist last year. I probably underpriced it given the interest I got. You might get $800, but sell fast before 10.6 comes out and everyone knows PPC is dead.

3. 11800506 macrumors 65816

This won't give you a definitive answer and sometimes the prices are a little off, but Mac2Sell can help to give you a base idea for around what your Mac might be worth.

I've done it for your computer (link here) and it said $740.

Also helpful to find the price is to look on Ebay's completed listings for what comparable computers have sold for.