Mac Game Files Down?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by hcrennie, Aug 2, 2007.

1. hcrennie macrumors newbie

Hey i was wondering if anyone else is finding macgamefiles.com is down

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Working fine for me.

3. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

4. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

5. hcrennie thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah i'm from australia, but my isp is tpg.

strange that we can't access the site. is there any way around this????

6. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

7. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

There was a thread on this last week or so...several folks (me included) are/were having problems accessing Macgamefiles, IMG Magazine, Macgamestore, etc., due to some ISP/IP address weirdness. Search for the thread, it has info on proxies to use to get around the problem.

8. pinchies macrumors newbie

Same prob here.

"Safari cant find the server"
    It's down for me, i have :mad: Bigpond :mad:. Hehe ... i'm going to request a file for game arena from the macgamefiles and see what happens... ;)

9. ozbrit77 macrumors newbie

DNS Issues...

I've been in touch with BigPutridPond (my ISP) of the unavailability of insidemacgames - and ultimately (after 3 hours spent on the phone) they agreed with my initial determination - that the name's not being resolved.

They're going to see about sorting it - but seeing as this has been ongoing (apparently) for over a month, I'm not holding my breath...

10. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

how could the problem be with the ISP?? im not understanding. just doesnt add up properly

mention t*****a again and ill shoot you!!! nah not really... but i HATE telstra. they give me the *****, i have them...12gb limit, with uploads counted!!! GAH! its pathetic. they are so annoying. i am capped on dailup as we speak. its not pretty

i want tpg, they have some really good options going

11. mongrol macrumors regular

This sites are also inaccessible from Optus. I've emailed support on this. I don't expect any legible and useful reply. :)

12. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

im just glad telstra already has support, otherwise i wuld never get service.

uummm...how can a website be 'incompatible' with diff hosts...i dont get it, they all use html.....

13. mongrol macrumors regular

Its nothing to do with the website. It's a routing issue. My route gets most of the way there then times out. Optus Support say they can connect to it fine. I've ran some diagnostics (traceroutes) and sent them back.

14. MattDuffy macrumors newbie

Cannot access macgamefiles.com

I'm having this problem also. Trying to connect from China (Shanghai) and it will not connect. Did any solution end up resolving this problem? Thanks in advance for any help.