Mac games in native (OS X)

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Alan64, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Alan64 macrumors member

I just made the switch to an iMac i5 from an ancient PC. Since I had an older PC, I didn't play super-cutting edge games but did enjoy Halo, Call of Duty & CoD United Offensive, Far Cry and Grand Theft Auto.

Now that I have a Mac, I want a few games but I do NOT want to run Windows on my Mac (besides, my Windows disc is pre-SP2 so I'd have to buy a new version).

I just bought Call of Duty 4 for the Mac. What other action and/or FPS-type games are available for OS X that are worth looking at? I tried searching here but I keep pulling up recommendations for running games in Windows.

Thanks!

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I'm just interested in single computer play, not online gaming with others.

2. Ross2000 macrumors newbie

Just a quick one how well is COD running on your new
    mac? Does it run at full res?

3. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

4. Alan64 thread starter macrumors member

Yes, it does run at full resolution and it looks very good. Is it perfect? I'm not a very good judge, since I was coming from a PC with a Pentium IV 2.0Ghz and ancient video card. Anything would look great to me. I do NOT have any jerkiness or problems with movement/action. The game play is very smooth.

Sambo110, thanks for the link.

5. ScottHemlock macrumors member

ScottHemlock