Mac Games

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by WRXiceman, May 19, 2012.

1. WRXiceman macrumors 6502

WRXiceman

Hello,

I'm really into my console gaming.
    Recently though, I purchased GTA San Andreas for my MacBook Pro and I love it.

Just wondering what other good games I can get that are worth a play and that will run well on my MacBook. Any genre.

Specs are:

Intel i5 Processor
    Integrated intel graphics
    4Gb RAM (soon to be 8gb)
    128Gb SSD
    Mac OS X Lion

Thanks in advance :)

2. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

There aren't many newer games that will run on your computer due to the Intel graphics. But I would suggest checking out some of the source engine games on Steam. Portal and Portal 2 are great games and run ok on Intel graphics. If you haven't played half-life 2 or it's episodes, I'd recommend them as well.

3. apolloa, May 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 19, 2012

apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Starcraft 2. Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 1 I think should work. I run Starcraft on my machine in my sig :)
    Installing Windows opens up a whole world of gaming though, also Half Life 2 episodes will work, Portal 1 and 2.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

5. RecycleBin macrumors newbie

Diablo II is a classic that's well worth playing and has robust multiplayer. Cave Story, aka Doukutsu, is a 2D platformer that's free to play and a lot of fun. Minecraft runs on a mac and is cheap with a lot of content. 4chan recently released a free mac compatible dating sim called Kawata Shoujo, if dating sims are your bag. Also, ZSNES and Visual Boy Advance run on a mac which means you can play any SNES or GBA game free. If your macbook is pretty new there are N64 and PS1 emulators too.

I guess if you could post what kind of games you usually like people can give more detailed responses

6. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

Are you sure diablo 2 runs on lion? I thought it needed rosetta to run.

7. RecycleBin macrumors newbie

Diablo 2 might not run on Lion, I'm still on 10.6.8. Pretty sure there's a patch that fixes the issues no matter what the OS though, the Blizzard site says that there are currently "no compatibility issues" so I'd say that's probably legit

8. georgehito macrumors member

www.realmofthemadgod.com

It might seem dumb at first, but it is insanely addicting and fun once you get into it.

9. ElfinHilon macrumors newbie

^THIS. This game has consumed so many hours while I'm work, it's great. I super highly recommend this game.

10. rpmor macrumors member

HoN runs fine on my Macbook 13inch 2011. really well actually with careful settings changes namely disable advanced effects otherwise textures and models are set to high and on an external monitor with 1920x1080 native resolution. no hick ups.

otherwise most games within the realm of Limbo, Braid etc will run fine. Source games seem to run fine as well (L4D and CS:S)

11. revalationist macrumors member

Team Fortress 2, if you don't mind whining kids

12. MrBullet macrumors member

I have a 13'', i5, 3000 HD and 8 GB of RAM.

I play COD4, Modern Combat Domination, Generals: Trenches, Asphalt 6, GTA Vice City and GTA San Anderas. These games run perfectly smoothly, fans speed up a bit, especially on COD4 but that's expected.

All those games above are available on the Mac Store.

I play BF2 via bootcamp smoothly and BF2142 which is available in a Mac format.