Mac Genius please help: OSX reading airdisk and permissions denied

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Warped1, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Warped1 macrumors member

Hi all,

I am organizing my data onto my new airdisk (airport drive) and need to move my itunes library over 60GB from my user folder into the shared.

I thought the quickest way would be to connect the drive up to my macbook for the move instead of re-copying everything again. But when I did this I was denied permission to the folders within my username?

Is this normal? I reconnected to the airport and it is working fine there. Can I repair the permissions in OSX, move the data quickly, then get it back on the airport easily?

Please let me know as this throws a wrinkle in not only this move but how I planned to back it up quickly.

Thanks.

2. vasanth4u macrumors member

vasanth4u

Can you just explain clearly what do u want to do.
    >>As far i understand u want to move the itunes library to your shared - so that all users can access the songs
    Is that correct.
    >>IF yes i have the solution for u
    >>If u have some thing else u can mail me at: vasanth_4u@mac.com

3. Warped1 thread starter macrumors member

Pretty simple:

The USB drive has two folder currently, my username and the drive shared name. I want to move 60 GB from the username folder into the drive name folder.

I thought I could be fast by connecting the USB drive to my macbook and just move it there but my permissions are denied.

4. Warped1 thread starter macrumors member

I repaired the drive in OSX disk util. It stated something about two sets of acls. Then I had to recursively reset the permissions on the top folders.

It seems fixed. woohoo