.Mac Groups - Limits?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by CRK17, Dec 4, 2007.

1. CRK17 macrumors newbie

I’m new to the Mac after being away for about 10 years. I just picked up a new iMac this weekend for our business but haven’t had time to set it up. One feature I’m interested in is the .Mac groups and was wondering if anyone could answer a couple of questions.

1. Is there a limit to the number of groups you can have at one time? If so what is the limiting factor? Is the number set by Apple or is there a total size limit and if you stay below that total size limit you can have unlimited groups?

2. Can each group be isolated from the others? In other words if a person has access to one group do they have access to the other groups?

3. Can I easily link my groups to my company website that is hosted by my designer’s server? Or would it be better/cheaper to have my designer/host setup a similar feature on their server?

The reason I ask is I have groups of customers that I want to share information with but I don’t want my customers to have access to other groups of customers. Also each group would only be established for a period of six to nine months. I would like to setup and administer these groups myself instead of paying my website designer/host for a similar service.

Thanks

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

1. My understanding is that the number of groups you can have is limited only by the size of your iDisk.
    2. No. Membership in one .Mac group is completely separate from membership in other .Mac groups, regardless of who owns them.
    3. I must admit, I don't know the answer to this one. :eek:

3. CRK17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you

Thanks for the quick reply. It sounds like the .Mac might be a very easy way to keep my customers up to date.