Mac Hacked?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Kazuluka, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Kazuluka macrumors newbie

So I got this new Razer mouse and put it on my mac it has been working fine but 2 days ago my mouse kept pointing around like crazy when I wasn't even touching it, so I turned off my wifi, restarted my mac and then it was working fine. But today my mouse keeps doing that and clicking things without me touching it, I turned off my wifi and restarted it but it was still there, it seems to have gone away but I don't want it to come back. Can someone help me :(

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Replace the mouse. Your Mac hadn't been hacked.

3. 53kyle macrumors 65816

53kyle

Try using the computer with A) the mouse unplugged, or B) the mouse turned off if it is wireless. I am guessing it is a broken mouse.

The other thing you should do is check in the menu bar for an icon which looks like binoculars, just in case someone is controlling your mac on your network. If you can see that icon, go to system preferences>sharing and turn off screen sharing.

4. boto macrumors 6502

boto

It's probably the laser that is damaged. Had this issue on one of my Logitech mouses and only way to resolve it is by replacing it.

5. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

I seem to recall a few threads about issues with Macs (all types) that seem to have Razer mice attached.

Wondering if there's something afoot with Razer's drivers...

6. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

I have a Black Deathadder that likes to jiggle the cursor around very slightly, but that's about the extent of the damage on my end; no massive moving around or unintended clicking.

My Nostromo, however, is a ghosting key-locking broken piece of <insert expletive> that I'm ready to give up on :cool: