Mac Halo mods

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by djstarrock, Jun 3, 2007.

1. djstarrock macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

Hi is there any mods for Halo but not for the demo and also where can I get Mac Halo modding programs.

2. N10248 macrumors 6502a

N10248

As there is no Halo CE for mac, mods are few and far between.

Theres only a few mac modding sites this one... http://forums.halomods.com/ has a few good ones but most involve replacing existing maps which makes online play difficult.

Bye

3. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

twistedlegato

Is that a typo or something?

Yes there is Halo CE for mac.

4. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

5. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

CE = Custom Edition. Not the Combat Evolved you are thinking. And yes Custom Edition rocks, but sadly only for Windows. There are amazing user created maps that you can play on Halo: Custom Edition.

6. djstarrock thread starter macrumors 6502a

djstarrock

7. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

it's not availible for mac because macsoft are too lazy and wont get of their ass to port it for free

8. Syco360 macrumors newbie

Syco360

I think they should because they need to make more games for mac because you can't usually buy mac games at normal stores. Most of the time, you have to go to a mac store.

9. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

wow this has been revived? :eek: And what a revival post too. :confused:

10. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

Dude, I think Halo CE was released for windows about 4 years ago. Macsoft is never going to port it for us... ever.

I think they discontinued Halo for mac also... they probably weren't selling very many copies of it anymore anyway.

I'm just waiting for Halo 3 for windows so I can play it in bootcamp, and that probably won't happen for a couple of years

11. Syco360 macrumors newbie

Syco360

Ya, I guess you're right. On the other hand, do you know any websites to get mods for the demo other than www.macgamingmods.com? At that website, i've been getting lots of mods, but they are either .exe files or they don't say .map. Does anyone know how to put maps on if the mod doesn't say .map after it?

12. Syco360 macrumors newbie

Syco360

Hey if any of you want to know anything about halo, just go to http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    At that website they have a huge database containing almost anything about halo, and the website also includes lots of other games.

13. Syco360 macrumors newbie

Syco360

Hey if any of you want to know anything about halo, just go to http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
    At that website they have a huge database containing almost anything about halo, and the website also includes lots of other games.:rolleyes:

14. redsteven macrumors 6502a

redsteven

You can probably get a PC copy of it pretty cheap. Do that and you can download Halo CE (custom edition) and then you'll have a buttload of maps to play.

People also made single player custom maps for Halo CE, and some of them are pretty fun :)

15. ChaoticTrack macrumors newbie

ChaoticTrack

Well if you did not relies that on the xbox 360 halo 3 case it says... ONLY FOR XBOX 360... also bungie is not making any more games after reach.;)