mac hard drive in my compaq?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rust.puppet, Jan 27, 2009.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

hey guys, i was just fiddling arround inside my compaq presario m2000 laptop which is like 6 years old and i found my hard drive and popped it out and found a apple logo on it... just wondering why my laptop would have that in it.

it may be aftermarket i cant remember for the life of me if i ever switched it out but anyways, if i need it down the road could i partition it and use it either in a alu macbook or as an external drive (just buying a casing for it)

Attached Files:

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Funny, I have the same laptop and I am trying to get rid of it :D

3. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

If it has an SATA interface it should work in a Macbook otherwise it will not work as a spare internal.

However it should be fine to use with an external enclosure for a backup drive. Though I would opt for a new hard drive rather than an old one that has been bumped through two computers already. Just for reliability.

4. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, they were notorious for setting peoples houses on fire, they had a huge recall... ive been through 3 compaq/hp computers that only lasted 3 months, this one is barely running with a cracked screen. its supposed to be like 15 inches and i can only see the left half of the screen about 12.5 inches.