Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

breal8406

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Atherton,CA/Minneapolis,MN
Check this out.... anyone know why this might be.

For the record....the problem here is that my Time Machine Drive and Macintosh HD are the same icon.

I have tried tossing the Time Machine .plist file which solves the problem temporarily and I've tried a archive reinstall.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    75.8 KB · Views: 2,095

Iamtherealwoody

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2007
Gainesville, Florida
Well, the first thing you can try, is click on the icon of your Mac HD, press command-I, then click the icon in the top left (see attachment, it will have a blue color around the icon when its selected) and press command-x, see if it will put the regular HD icon back on. If this effect is undesirable, just undo it with command-z.

If that fails, you can just replace your HD icon with one of your choice by downloading one off interfacelift.com or another site like that and then copying the new icon, and pasting it on that icon from the first paragraph.

Im really bad at explaining things but will work.

Attachments

• Dock.png
    Dock.png
    16.8 KB · Views: 2,035

BobZune

macrumors 6502a
Oct 26, 2007
USA
For the record....the problem here is that my Time Machine Drive and Macintosh HD are the same icon.

I have tried tossing the Time Machine .plist file which solves the problem temporarily and I've tried a archive reinstall.

See
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071018143409599&query=icon

and the reply to a comment By: lucianf on Sun, Oct 28 '07 at 7:45AM PDT

Note you have to right click (control click) on the bundle and select Show Package Contents to view the files.

Select the right icon from the list for your machine. I have not done this yet, but I don't have the two icons same on my machine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.