Mac headed back to Apple

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by IBradMac, Jul 1, 2008.

1. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Well today Iam not sure what happened.. :confused:

I went to get on the interenet and Airport quit working. My system was not even reading that it was there? :eek:

Anyone else have this problem? :apple:

2. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Well I sent it back and as luck would have it, they want to keep it and get me a new one. :rolleyes:

It figures something like this would happen. IF I let them keep it and just get a new one then I would have been out of a computer for about 2 weeks. :eek::eek:

If I get it fixed I will get it back in about two days. :apple:

DUH! I need the computer for work so I want it back.

Kinda upset that Apple put the repair on HOLD and didnt try to contact me differently to get this issue resolved.

To think I switched from PC. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Really? It would have taken longer to get a new one from Apple rather than a repair? In all the experiences I have heard of, it's completely the other way around.

4. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Yup. They would ship fed ex ground. When I bought it, it took 6 days. It would be a whole nother week before I got it. 2 days short of being 2 WEEKS!

They said they could have it back to me in 3 days. I will give them by the end of the week and if its not here, Iam selling it. :mad:

5. Eric. macrumors regular

That's an excellent reason to sell your Mac. Something messed up, you sent it for repairs under warranty, and if its not back in the time stated you're getting rid of it. What good does that do? Its not like you are getting your money back from Apple and hurting them like you are probably thinking...

Enjoy your Dell.

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Will be kind of hard to sell it if it isn't there ;)

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

7. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

lol, I meant if it shows up later than Friday. :D

Eric,

I need it. With Dells at least they send the parts to me. ............:p

8. ihabime macrumors 6502

Are you talking about your MBP? What would you expect Apple to do, send a box full of chips for you to solder in?

9. jaikob macrumors 6502

jaikob

Just remember that a lot of people on this forum loves their macs, and considers them their child, like me for example.

:eek: Windows Enthusiast :eek:
    Warning: Don't Chew The Apples

Don't be rash and sell it, but if you must, then by all means sell it for 2/3 the original cost.

Enjoy your Dell a swell, I'm sure the software "Windows" stability will catch up to you sooner or later.

10. Chappers macrumors 68020

Chappers

My airport express just stopped one day - the lights were on but nobody was home.

I like all men eventually read the instruction manual and ended up doing a hard reset (exact terminology escapes me now) and everything is good now and there has been no more problems since.

11. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I like it just fine and can understand that things do happen that are out of my control. I just dont see how they can expect me to be happy without a computer for a 1.5-2 weeks. That is just ridiculous IMO.

12. bcooke macrumors newbie

Really?? When they replaced mine they next day shipped the replacement. Dropped the defective one off with FedEx on Friday afternoon, had the new one on Tuesday. It was too late on Friday to get it processed, my fault.

13. IBradMac thread starter macrumors 68000

IBradMac

update..

I received my computer today!

glad to have it back!;)