.Mac help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ScottSyrNY, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ScottSyrNY macrumors member

new to the Mac...so be gentle for this probably noob question

I can't publish to iWeb even though in system preferences it says I'm logged in. When I go to publish a site I'm trying to create, I get a sign in message with the spinning 'barber pole'....but thats it. My .Mac email works OK but I can't seem to be able to publish a little web site via iWeb.

I'm sure its something very easy but I haven't figured it out yet and I'm out of town with a major family medical issue and could really use some of the benefits .Mac has to offer.

Thanks for your time.

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

I wonder if Apple is doing "something" to .Mac in preparation for its highly anticipated update to ".me" @ WWDC coming Monday....

I have had .Mac-mail issues but it seems to be working fine ATM.

Can you connect to your iDisk normally (by choosing Go >> iDisk .. My iDisk in the Finder menu)?

Attached Files:

3. syclonefx macrumors regular

syclonefx

I haven't been able to get my mail using Mail for the past 3 days. All my the other services for .mac work. Even accessing my iDisk seems faster. I wish they would fix it or hurry up with the upgrade.

4. ScottSyrNY thread starter macrumors member

(1) - my Mac Mail works fine

(2) -.Mac within system preferences says I'm signed in

(3) - clicking Macintosh HD on desktop then iDisk brings a message 'Your .Mac account is not set up. Would you like to open .Mac preferences and set it up now?" When I click 'Open .Mac Preferences' I'm brought to (2)

(4) - when using 'Go' then 'iDisk' then 'My iDisk' I'm prompted for a username and password

How can my Mail work fine and my system preferences for .Mac show me as signed in but get messages telling me my .Mac account is not set up?

I'm a little stressed from unrelated stuff so I'm sure it's something foolish I haven't done right or done at all. If you guys could tactfully straighten me out or provide a link that clarifies my mistake I'd greatly appreciate it.

I really need the use of the iDisk (and iWeb) to transfer some large audio and short video files from the Doctors I'm visiting at MD Anderson within the Houston Texas Medical Center.

Thanks again

5. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Hi,
    I'm not the most proficient Mac user either, but I did just publish something to my iWeb site a few days ago, so let me ask a couple of questions:
    1. You're opening iWeb from the dock and clicking on the "+" in the lower left, correct?
    2. Then a drop down menu of templates allows you to pick one, correct?
    3. You then fill the template with whatever you want to add, correct?
    4. Then you click on the "publish" button, correct?
    5. But your finished template is not being published, correct?
    6. You have a full, as opposed to a trial, account with .Mac, correct?
    As far as I know, if you answered yes to all of the above, your project should be on the web. You can go to System Preferences>.Mac>Account and verify that your .Mac account is active. Let us know.
    Morod

6. ScottSyrNY thread starter macrumors member

Morod,

Yes, to all things you asked. My .Mac under system preferences is active and states 'full member' and 'signed in'.

I'm off to MD Anderson again this AM and will check back here this afternoon.

Thanks

7. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

You do have a domain name associated with your webpage don't you??. If not perhaps this is why it's not letting you publish.
    Alan

8. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

Just in case you are overlooking something simple, you can watch this video tutorial on iWeb from Apple's site:

http://www.apple.com/findouthow/web/

Let us know how it's going.
    Morod

9. ScottSyrNY thread starter macrumors member

So I don't leave you hanging....

I located an Apple store here in Houston and popped in to get their input.

The jest of it.....through system preferences, he signed out of iMac and then back in.....and everything was fine :eek:

He nor I have any idea what or why it happened but I'm able to use all services of iMac.

Thanks for your time and patience guys...