Mac-ification (how to make a PC look like a Mac)

Erin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Would anyone know how to accomplish such a task? I think it'd look so very spiffy if my XP was Mac-ish. Screenshot of what my desktop looks like now:
Yes. Amazing, but needs Mac-ification.

So, I ask for your help. Perhaps some among your number will know the answer (or answers, because most likely it's more than one step). :)

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Fly-A-Kite OS X is probably the most complete solution. I used it for about 5 minutes on my PC before getting rid of it (which is really easy to do, and why I recommend it). My PC isn't a mac, and will never be a mac, so why should I slow it down even further and make it even more difficult to use just for the sake of looks?

EDIT: benthewraith beat me too it, I really need to learn to type faster.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Miami, FL
quigleybc said:
??????????
Panoz7 posted a link to it right below my post. :)

It's an entire solution that gives you a dock, the menu bar icons, and themes google desktop search to mimic Spotlight. :)

amateurmacfreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2005
crazycat said:
The bet way i to buy a mac mini :)
Oh I so agree. :D

But see, her dad hates OS X. So that's a not go. :/ and money would be an issue...

maybe someday her best friend Emma will buy her a Mac. :D well, not anytime soon... ;)

(and Erin and I are very good friends, we go to school together and stuffs, so yeah)

Erin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Excellent! Thank you all. =D Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can get skins and the dock since they cost money (I'm sticking with freeware for my Mac-ification project), however the icons will be most enjoyable. Yay.

EDIT: Yes. Everything amateurmacfreak said. :D My dad does indeed have issues with Macintosh. But when I go to college and get a laptop (wow. so many years from now), a Mac shall finally be mine.

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Miami, FL
Erin said:
Excellent! Thank you all. =D Unfortunately, I'm not sure I can get skins and the dock since they cost money (I'm sticking with freeware for my Mac-ification project), however the icons will be most enjoyable. Yay.

EDIT: Yes. Everything amateurmacfreak said. :D My dad does indeed have issues with Macintosh. But when I go to college and get a laptop (wow. so many years from now), a Mac shall finally be mine.
Flyakite's free. :confused:

sb58

macrumors 6502a
May 14, 2006
Hades
i've tried Flyakite OSX and the stuff in KingYaba's article and it's not really worth it. i have a PC, i chose to get a PC, slowing it down so that it can look like a half assed mac is just dumb.