Mac Installation discs.

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Hello

Sitting here this evening a thought arose regarding the installation discs that came with my Macs, I do not know where I stored them away safely.

If they cannot or could not be found what would I need to do ?

ormie

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Go to an Apple store and see one of the Genius', or contact AppleCare.

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Go to an Apple store and see one of the Genius', or contact AppleCare.
Hello

What and explain my situation and they would supply or I would have to pay for a new set ?

Going to start looking through drawers cupboards etc first :)

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
They'd probably make you buy a new disc. Do you have Snow Leopard or Lion or another OS?
Hello

I have Snow Leopard on all three of my Macs.

I have in front of me my Snow Leopard install DVD.

ormie

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2009
Hello

What and explain my situation and they would supply or I would have to pay for a new set ?

Going to start looking through drawers cupboards etc first :)
Well, if you explain your situation carefully and politely they might surprise you. I had a major problem with my previous MacBook Pro and after a few attempts to fix it, they gave me a brand new one. There was no ranting and raving from me, just politeness and patience, and that did the trick. So, give them a go an they might just surprise you!

Washac

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Hello

Thanks for the replies.

I have found all my installation discs :)

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I used Disk Utility to make a backup to my NAS / TM. If you have a Time Machine (it's a must have peripheral if your data is important to you) just save a copy there.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
In Addition

I used Disk Utility to make a backup to my NAS / TM. If you have a Time Machine (it's a must have peripheral if your data is important to you) just save a copy there.
And as the OP has more than 1 Mac, consider adding a Time Capsule to the network.

Seamless backup for all devices (Mac's) Mine has set me free from all the tedious NAS stuff.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.