Mac Intercom Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by arsenalgear, May 13, 2008.

1. arsenalgear macrumors member

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any software for the Mac that acts like a push-to-talk intercom? Basically, I want to be able to page someone on my wireless network without them having to be in front of their computer to accept an audio chat invitation.

Thanks!

2. jhb84058 macrumors newbie

I hear ya

I could use some software like that too. Have you had any luck with this?

3. arsenalgear thread starter macrumors member

Unfortunately, I haven't had any luck. It seems like such a simple thing too. :confused:

4. Marcus263 macrumors regular

Skype auto-answer? I have this feature set-up here, so I call and it picks up on the other side without human intervention.

5. arsenalgear thread starter macrumors member

Sounds good. I'll try that.

6. ChristoDeluxe, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2014

ChristoDeluxe macrumors newbie

Echoes intercom app

Hi,

Parliant has just released an intercom-style app on the Mac App Store. You hit a hot key, say your message and hit return and it sends to all Macs running the app on the local network. You can also send to some or just one other computer as desired.

http://www.echoes-app.com/

Your messages play automatically out the speakers of the other Macs, no interaction required, so it works kind of like a PA system.

Chris

7. cypressliz macrumors newbie

Another Mac app on the App Store that can do this is Desktop Intercom. You can also find it directly at http://macintercom.com

You can both make announcements and also "Listen" to the other end, which is handy if the other person has their hands full and cannot make it to their computer. Desktop Intercom also interoperates with a Windows version (separate download, same site) so if you have both Macs and Windows desktops they can talk to each other.