.Mac, iPhone, Mac sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Green Lantern, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Green Lantern macrumors member

Green Lantern

Can you sync all three? iCal, contacts, ect... without physically connecting the iPhone and the Mac?

I have a .Mac account and a 24" Al iMac and I am considering getting a 8GB iPhone and wanted to know what integration was available between the three?

Also does anyone know if I can sync iCal at home with the iPhone and then sync the iPhone with Outlook at work?

Thanks to all for any help offered.

2. southerndoc macrumors 6502a

southerndoc

Everything will sync when you connect the iPhone to your iMac.

However, the iPhone cannot sync wirelessly. It will only sync if you plug it to your Mac. Hopefully Apple will add a feature to sync with .Mac directly via WiFi and 3G when it's available.

3. BiikeMike macrumors 65816

BiikeMike

If you have two Macs, and an iPhone, can you sync the iPhone to either mac, and have .Mac keep them updated?

Or can you only sync contacts and calendar with one of the Macs?

4. zed2 macrumors 6502a

I do this..

I sync my three Macs (iMac, G5, and MacBook Pro), via .Mac (I have 2400 contacts and 8 calendars). I plug the iphone into the Macbook for calendar, and contact syncing.. and the G5 for photos, music and video.

I would be really nice to be able to sync contacts and calendars over WIFI/EDGE. Maybe that will come with version 2.0, Well it will for Exchange users, and I can't see Apple neglecting Mac users.

--Zed