Mac/iPhone wifi question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattopotamus, Apr 3, 2015.

1. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I wasn't really sure where to put this thread. Is there a way to make it so my Mac and iPhone do not remember the Same wifi networks. Obviously I could use a different account, but I would prefer not to.

I use my Mac for work, and our work wifi has "restrictions" on certain sites. When I get to work my Mac connects to wifi automatically, but because I have this network "remembered" my phone also connects to wifi.

If I forget the wifi network on my phone, it forgets the wifi network on the Mac. I want to automatically connect on my Mac, but not on my phone. Is this possible?

I like to just leave wifi on all of the time on my phone. Currently I have to toggle it off when I get to work b.c it wants to connect to my work wifi b.c the Mac knows the network.

2. adamhenry macrumors 65816

adamhenry

Have you tried going to iCloud settings and disabling Keychain?

3. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I will give that a try. I don't think wifi passwords is related to keychain though.

4. JTToft macrumors 68040

- It should be. But that move will, of course, also disable all other iCloud Keychain functionality.
    I don't believe there's a way to be selective about it.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204085

"iCloud Keychain keeps your Safari website usernames and passwords, credit card information, and Wi-Fi network information up to date across all of your approved devices..."

But I don't think you can chose which networks do and don't.

6. mattopotamus thread starter macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Thanks. I would rather toggle wifi than not use keychain.