mac is acting weird

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by th3goob, Feb 1, 2012.

1. th3goob macrumors regular

So about a month ago my HDD failed and apple repaired it for me. Today i went to boot it up and it froze on the boot screen with the spinning wheel. so i booted into win 7 via bootcamp and it was fine. so i know its not the HDD, so i kept booting and turning off, until it finally went through, is there anything i can do to make sure there isnt anything wrong with my mac partition?!?!?

2. simsaladimbamba

Open Disk Utility and select your internal HDD and go to the FIRST AID tab, then press the VERIFY DISK button.
    Also make sure to make a backup of your important files and maybe even have a bootable clone of Mac OS X on an external HDD. You can use CarbonCopyCloner for that.

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

does it freeze after the login in screen or before it?

4. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

i dont have a login screen, so i guess before that, and i dont understand its problem, its only 7 months old and i had so many problems with it =/

----------

i got mostly everything backed up, just pisses me that it keeps messing up.

5. simsaladimbamba

It is probably some faulty installation or corrupt system.

Then you could reinstall Mac OS X, though you will need to reinstall Windows too, and I don't know of any good and unproblematic way to clone except with Winclone (which has some bugs and is no longer developed).
    Of course you can reinstall Mac OS X without reinstalling Windows, but if you have a corrupt HDD or partition table, repartitioning the table might help.
    You might also take a look at gParted, a Linux partition manager and repair tool.

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:
    [​IMG]

6. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

Ran the verify disk thing, and this was the result.

Attached Files:

7. simsaladimbamba

Looks okay, but see how it says "seems okay"? DU would have shown any imminent errors, but the "seems okay" can still mean, there is something shot with your partition table or similar.
    If the booting issues reoccur:

8. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

thank you so very much for the help, and i got the flashing question mark before but that is when apple told me to erase my HDD before i sent it in.