Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

keithpetey

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 30, 2004
so i started using a .mac email account instead of a hotmail account because im trying to get as far away from microsoft as possible but alot of my friends still use it. so i sent an email to all of them and a copy to myself letting them know i change my address, only to find that no one recieved it. so i started looking in my hotmail account for the copy and i couldnt find it! then i check my junk folder and it was in there. hotmail has the junk email filter on by default and it blocks all the emails sent from my .mac account! wtf!!! then the junk email filter deletes it after 5 days. my friends arent the brightest either. they never check their junk mail folder as neither do i. can someone tell me why this is happening? how i can stop it? etc. by the way i used mail.app to send it, from port 537 if im not mistaken.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
keithpetey said:
so i started using a .mac email account instead of a hotmail account because im trying to get as far away from microsoft as possible but alot of my friends still use it. so i sent an email to all of them and a copy to myself letting them know i change my address, only to find that no one recieved it. so i started looking in my hotmail account for the copy and i couldnt find it! then i check my junk folder and it was in there. hotmail has the junk email filter on by default and it blocks all the emails sent from my .mac account! wtf!!! then the junk email filter deletes it after 5 days. my friends arent the brightest either. they never check their junk mail folder as neither do i. can someone tell me why this is happening? how i can stop it? etc. by the way i used mail.app to send it, from port 537 if im not mistaken.
It's happening because it's MS. Was it a rhetorical question?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.