Mac is more popular..

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sdahe, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sdahe macrumors 68000

Sdahe

I been seen more and more people changing to Mac than ever... Now when I go to a Starbucks you have 7 out 10 computers are mac... Will Apple be the leading computer company in the future?

2. neilspartacus macrumors member

definetly

With a flop from MS in the form of Vista macs should gain momentum! And the next MS os Win7 code names blackcomb is not due untill 2010 or as early as last quarter of 2009 if MS can make it, which I dont see!
    The only crunch here is the business model of Apple. They should become more open and make their products (hardware and software) more available across the world, you know the Asian market is a big market. I some how get the feeling that Apple things only US as a potential market for selling their stuff!
    Even if apple does not change I see a very healthy growth for macs in the next 2 years!

If you see MS overtook the computer market when Apple was not able to deliver the right product (OS ofcourse) on right time. There were a number of delays way back in the 90s when apple started to loose ground. And I believe thats exactly what is happening to MS now! So may be we can see history played on DVD with roles changed :)

3. daveseibert macrumors newbie

Correlation does not imply causality!

Maybe the type of people who buy macs are the people who are more inclined to go to the coffee shop to do their work. How many Dell/HP/WhatHaveYou owners would rather work somewhere else?

Also, don't forget the bling factor of macs. My number one criticism of the iphone is how self-conscious I feel when using it. I don't want people to think I'm cool, I just like it.

And I don't like being "the guy who wants us to see how cool his phone is"...