Mac...It Just Works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by crazyyankeefan, Aug 12, 2008.

1. crazyyankeefan macrumors regular

I know this thread will probably piss a lot of people off, but I must say that I'm quite pleased with my iPhone 3G so far. I have got zero problems which have been complaint by some such as screen resolution/clarity, cracks, call quality, OS lagging, etc. I didn't update it to 2.0.1 until last night since I was worried something might not function normally if I did so. But no problems or so afterward. I guess maybe I was just very lucky to get a nice one. For those who have got the bad phones, I truely hope you will end up with fine ones.
    But I did get two bad Apple Bluetooth Headsets. Now I'm on my third headset and it works great. Just to share my experience with my 3G. What do you guys think of yours?

2. Carpe Deez macrumors member

Aside from being lied to by Apple, I feel great. Why don't you watch this and tell me how you feel afterwards? Side by side comparison of the 3G phone from the ad, and real life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaN1Nz1Dyls

3. Tosser macrumors 68030

And for some reason you figured that post deserved an entire thread?

You're on your third headset and you figure it "just works"?

4. fireman13 macrumors 6502

I'm right there with you. I've only had mine for a week but have had 0 problems. No dust, leaks, lag or anything. I haven't updated to 2.0.1 yet but only because I haven't had time yet. Fingers crossed it stays this way.

5. sdtaco macrumors newbie

+1 here... iPhone is perfect no issues at all.

I use it as internet radio in my car on the way to work with Pandora. Opens me up to new music with no commercials.

Corp email set up is great along with a few other email accounts. Calendar syncing seems to work good too.

Cheers!!!

6. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

My phone performs much more quickly than the "real world" phone in that video. It's not usually as fast as the one in the Apple ad, though, but it's closer to that than to the "real" phone.

7. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

i mean... it IS an advertisement.........

8. Carpe Deez macrumors member

Agreed, and there are laws against false advertisement in the United States. My reality is close to the "real" example in the video. I never get anything close to what's seen in the ad. Perhaps it's just a lot of 3G traffic where I am. I can't rule that out.

The GPS bit is just outrageous though. It simply doesn't work that fast anywhere. I've been to a few cities with this phone so far, and it always takes a bit of time to locate me. Still very nice, but not fast like that ad.

9. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I've had my GPS go that fast, but it was because I had just 'found' myself in Google Maps and then returned to the app. It 're-found' me very quickly like the ad.

10. Tvp125 macrumors newbie

my white iPhone is perfect i could not be happier with it i get great 3g reception always full bars battery life is good phone is solid.

11. kevo0822 macrumors 6502

This is kinda like that time I saw an advertisement for the "Perfect Pancake" maker on TV. The pancakes were always so perfectly round and golden brown! When my Perfect Pancake maker came in the mail, I was never able to make the pancakes look that good.

FALSE ADVERTISING??&#@?!

12. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Like you, I am extremely pleased with my 3G iPhone. I stood in lone for 5 hours on July and got a white phone. Monday night, I upgraded my second phone to a white 3G as well and both are working perfectly. I'm loving Apple at the moment, good stuff.

13. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Your post doesn't piss me off. My iPhone 3G works just fine.

Sometimes I wonder about the demographic here. I'm part of the "older" crowd and tend to enjoy these products much more than my son and daughter. Those of us who grew up using stone knives and bear skins seem to appreciate these gadgets a lot more. :)

14. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Actually, if you pay attention, I'm pretty sure the Ad is going at a fast forwarded speed for loading. My pinwheel spins around once a second (about) while in the Ad it's almost twice that fast.

I think this isn't quite false advertising though, because they had a small period of time to show off the features, They could have cut from the "click" to the screen and not sped it up, but it would have looked ugly.

I'm very happy with mine. Everything has worked great.