Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skippee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 6, 2002
San Francisco
Hey all,
I am looking to get a new job, preferrably in the San Francisco area and I was wondering if anyone knows of a good website where I can look that up. Or, if anyone knows of any good jobs in the technical support field (ie Help Desk type stuff), that would be appreciated, as well.

Thanks in advance,
Skippee

Eniregnat

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2003
In your head.
I don't have any direct leads. The following may have some sort of office “near” the Bay area. They are also pretty stable.

Apple.com
Adobe.com
Macromedia.com
3dgoove.com Hollywood based, but I believe that they have offices in SF. Very cool Flash plug in. Industry stable.
Wild Tangent They may not develop for Mac, but it is one hot company.

Monster.com etc… will have listings. Try looking at your favorite companies and searching their site maps for jobs, hr, human resources, and careers. Also, think about NPOs. They don’t pay well, and the current economic environment has been hostel enough that many NPOs let staff go, and now realize that they need technical support and other positions filled again.

Don’t forget to look at banks, chain stores, or even local governments. If they offer a soft or hard product they need people to offer technical support to their employees or clients.

Good luck in The City. It will kick your arss the first year, but it’s worth it. All of my friends live their and work in their chosen careers. It took a bit of patience, but they are making it in one of the most expensive cities in the US.

Post Script: Skippee is this tasty Tang like powered drink mix in South East Asia, specifically Vietnam. It might be spelled a little differently. I can't quite remember.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.