Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I just got the Macbook 12 as a secondary laptop. I keep getting a popup window asking for my icloud password. Not sure if the apple id is same as the icloud password but I have never had this happen continuously on my other Mac running Yosemite.

I went to icloud pref pane and logged out and logged back in.

Same thing keeps happening.

isnt the apple id same as icloud password. I dont remember entering a different icloud password. Is there a way to reset icloud password?

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Hi,

I just got the Macbook 12 as a secondary laptop. I keep getting a popup window asking for my icloud password. Not sure if the apple id is same as the icloud password but I have never had this happen continuously on my other Mac running Yosemite.

I went to icloud pref pane and logged out and logged back in.

Same thing keeps happening.

isnt the apple id same as icloud password. I dont remember entering a different icloud password. Is there a way to reset icloud password?

I've been having the same issue lately.

CTHarrryH

macrumors 68030
Jul 4, 2012
Happened to me this am - wanted iCloud and iMessage password several times on my MBP - then I got messages (email and notifications) on all my other devices that my iCloud id was signed onto from a NEW devices - not new device and more than 24 hours after upgrading my MBP

Johnchapin

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2008
Boulder
This is beyond annoying. I don't want to have anything to do with iCloud. How do you stop this? Whatever happened to Don't Remind Me Again choices?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.