Mac keeps trying to restart/log out during sleep.

Discussion in 'macOS High Sierra (10.13)' started by seveej, May 29, 2018.

1. seveej macrumors 6502a

seveej

Hi there.

Odd problem, have not found anything by googling. Maybe someone here can help.

iMac 5K, 10.13.3. (nothing plugged in except a keyboard and a lightning-cable, and neither are the culprit)
    Whenever I put the machine to sleep for a longer time, I'm liable to come back to notice it has either rebooted or logged out the user (I come back to a login screen with all available users, not the "enter your password" -screen).

Happens recurrently (about 2/3 times when the machine's been to sleep for an hour or more), except when I leave an old software (non-autosave) with an unsaved file open. Then (when I take the computer out of sleep) I enter my password normally to find a prompt saying that the machine could not log off because of the unsaved file.

Have looked at the console, but am no expert - can't find anything which would enlighten me.

If you want, you can have a look at the console log (system) for the machine between 01:43 (when I stopped working last night and put the machine to sleep) and 09:39 (when I fired up the machine) here.

TIA & RGDS,
    Pekka

2. loveyourenemy macrumors newbie

Hi seveej,

I faced the similar issue earlier. You may disable this in the Security preferences under the System Preferences..

System preferences ---- Security & Privacy ---- General ----- "Advance" --- untick "Log out after .... minutes".

That's all

3. seveej thread starter macrumors 6502a

seveej

Wow! Impressive. Did not know that was there.
    Hope this settles it. Thanks,

RGDS,