Mac keeps waking up every 10 minutess since Mavericks update.

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by chama98, Sep 21, 2014.

1. chama98 macrumors regular

Hi all.

Since I updated my mac to the latest version of mavericks. My mac has been waking up every 10 mins or so and then going back to sleep. I do not have wake for network access on. But I do have power nap which used to wake the computer every hour to check mail etc.

Looking at the log it is the RTC alarm. I do not have any USB hard disks connected I do have bluetooth keyboard and trackpad but I know these are not the issue.

The display is a thunderbolt display and when the mac wakes up thankfully the display does not turn on!

I have been so far looking online and trying to think of any software which I have installed which is causing the issue. I the last thing I installed was fitbit dongle. I am not sure if this is causing the issue.

I am a bit of a loss as what to do now. I have restarted the mac now and left mail open as I normally do but nothing else is open. I have now popped the mac to sleep and will leave it for a couple of hours and then look at the log again and see what it says. In the meantime has anyone else experience this and if so what or how did you fix it?

Many thanks.

2. chama98 thread starter macrumors regular

found the answer. Its a bug in power nap since the update. reported to Apple. Meanwhile Its turned off.