Mac Keyboard Is Breaking!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shady899, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Shady899 macrumors newbie

Ok my Delete button and Enter buttton will not work !!!! PLEASE HELP ME WHTAT DO I DO>??!??!?! UGH!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Type in capitals, I hear that helps.

Take it back to apple?

Is it under warranty?

Try not to hammer the keys so hard?

If it's the old white/clear plastic style keyboard, pop the key off and see if there isn't dirt clogging it up

3. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

Make an appointment....

If this is your Alum MB, you need to take it to the Genius Bar. They told me the day after Thanksgiving (there with a Super Drive issue) that they are directed to "capture" any new alums with key or display issues that are failing. They give you a replacement and return your laptop to Apple. This is provided you bought a stock configuration. If it was specially configured, then you have to call Apple Support and make arrangements... you send it back they send you a new one.

Given the cost of your investment, I wouldn't hesitate. Just back your jazz up. or have the Genius' transfer it. Good luck and let us know what happens.

4. Shady899 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well some water fell into it, kinda . It was only a little and they worked for days after that. I used my CD Drive the past coupel days alot so maybe thats why? Where is the Genius Bar>??? How do I get to it?? IDkK WHer e it is. Thanks for helping. Im really pissed! and Sad! I JUST GOT ITTHSI!!!! L:((((

5. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

If you spilt water onto it and its got onto one of the water testing cards that's on the inside of the MB, it'll void the warranty and they won't repair it for free, you'll be charged.

6. eman macrumors 6502a

No warranty for liquid damage. Taking the macbook into Apple and your warranty maybe voided.

7. Shady899 thread starter macrumors newbie

But i bought mine from bestbuy.... and there was SOO little water and it was like 2 weeks ago...im just saying that that happened...you really think that could be it? I dont think so....and I barley press the keys hard. But what s about this malcfunctioning of keyboards and genious bar will give tu a new oeeene?