Mac Keyboard Layout on Windows

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Torea, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Torea macrumors newbie

Hey everyone! I hope this is the right forum.

tl;dr: I would like to have a keyboard for my Windows machine where the control and alt keys are where the command and option keys are respectively on my Mac.

I recently started working at a company where all of the computers are Windows (arg!). As a Mac user my entire life, I've had some trouble adjusting. But, they won't let me use a Mac (not even if I bring my own) so I will have to adapt.

The main thing that's killing me is the control key. A good portion of my work is copying and pasting and switching between windows. Half the time, I end up hitting alt-c or alt-tab, since alt is where command is on my Mac. I would really love to change this around so that the control key is mapped to the alt key, and the alt key is mapped to the control or windows key.

Does anyone know of a) a keyboard that is laid out like this, or b) a way to do this through software? We're running Windows 7, with crappy Lenovo ThinkPad laptops

2. Simche macrumors member

Simche

I think we are connected?! This is happening EXACTLY to me too and I have a urge to break the stupid keyboard of Windows! It gets bad when you later at home try to press "cmd" when you actually type the "ctrl" on windows keyboard -.- Following and waiting for an anwser too.... :)