Mac Keyboard & Mouse

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by shawnwich, Oct 17, 2007.

1. shawnwich macrumors 6502

shawnwich

Hey guys,

I wanted to get both the wireless keyboard and mouse made by Apple for my Macbook Pro. Which links up by bluetooth right?

So here's my question. I take my Macbook Pro to school everyday. If i come down and set it down on my desk next to my mouse and keyboard that i buy...can i just start using the mouse and keyboard? Or do i have to pair it up again? Or...something?

I'm going to buy a Mighty Mouse, and a old style Apple keyboard(you know, the one with a clear base), and if not, the new aluminum one.

If any of you have any idea, that would be great! Sorry if this is a stupid question - i'm pretty new to the Mac World.

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

The pairing will take place only for the first time you make a connection. After that it will recognize itself.

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

For what it is worth...

I just got the new Aluminum BT keyboard and it is the best keyboard I have used to date. I think I like it so much because it feels like my old PB keyboard. The new one's BT also connects faster than the older keyboards so "pairing" happens faster if the keyboard is turned off while your away. If you have a new MacBook, then I would get the new keyboard as your hands won't have to learn, or adjust to, different keyboards.

Also, I would try the Mighty Mouse before purchasing. I really like all things mac, but I think the MM is pooh. Other people really like it.

4. shawnwich thread starter macrumors 6502

shawnwich

Well see thats the thing - im not used to the keyboard -- i have an MBP which is very different the the MB keyboard which i understand is what the aluminum keyboard is like? And also which mouse would you reccomend?

5. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

All I am saying is that there is less difference in size/touch/feel between the MPB and the aluminum keyboard compared to the *old* keyboard and the MPB.

I use the Logitech VX Revolution. There is also a "mobile" version (MX Revolution).

For what it is worth I wouldn't use either with my laptop, only with a desktop, but perhaps you connect and external display?

6. buffettfan33 macrumors member

buffettfan33

Actually, the VX Revolution is considered to be the "mobile" or notebook version, with the MX Revolution being the desktop version.

Links to each: VX Revolution MX Revolution