Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bagboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2013
I am looking for a keyboard with a very clear and centrally located caps lock light.
I look at the keyboard when typing and want the caps light to be within the centre area of the keyboard so I can see it without looking up to check if caps is on of not.
I have a macally keyboard but the caps lock light is very small and to the far right which is outside my peripheral vision when typing.
Can anybody recommend a quiet keyboard with a very easy to see ( on the keyboard) way of seeing if the caps is on or not.
I have tried app based noise and light based alerts to indicate caps lock on / off but do not find these easy to work with. Would like a simple hardware solution. The ideal would be a keyboard that had an indicator in the middle of the keyboard or even one that lit up or changed colour to indicate the caps function.
All advice appreciated !

Many thanks for your help.
Best Regards, Guy M.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
both the wired and wireless apple keyboards have a caps lock light in the key itself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.