Mac keyboards

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by X1Lightning, Apr 16, 2007.

1. X1Lightning macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

Why doesn't apple make an egro keyboard? I really like to use a split style keyboard, it would be great to not have to use a widows keyboard.

2. bartelby macrumors Core

They did, a long time ago.
    I guess it doesn't fit with the minimalist designs they have now.

Attached Files:

3. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

i saw some 3rd party mac ergo KB's at microcenter the other day

4. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

WOW that is a crazy setup!

5. Keebler macrumors 68030

adesso has a few ergo type keyboards. i'm looking for the same, but might use my ms natural keyboard instead. my wrists get really sore at times and the natural keyboard helps big time.

6. SaenOne macrumors newbie

:D haha wow that keyboard looks ridiculous...but yeah its kinda hard to imagine an ergo keyboard with the minimalist style apple is going with

7. X1Lightning thread starter macrumors 6502

X1Lightning

I have to use a natural keyboard... i'm on a keyboard about 10-12 hours a day... standard keyboards make my hands go numb after that long...

8. finger11 macrumors member

wow

Although this does not answer the OP's original question at all, I have to chime in and say that natural keyboards are just amazing, I've been on one for only 15 minutes now and you can just tell that this is how your hands should be. I don't feel like I'm going to have any of that 'break-in' time folks talk about b/c it feels perfect.

Unfortunately I went with a MS keyboard b/c they are known to be the best and even though I would rather not have the MS logo staring at me, this thing rocks:
    http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043

With that said, if Apple were to come out with an ergo kb, I'd be all over it.

9. kdum8 macrumors 6502a

kdum8