Mac Laptop and Warhammer Online Does it Work?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by billybob44, Jan 31, 2009.

1. billybob44 macrumors newbie

Hey there,

I am in the market for an apple laptop that I will be buying late July (I like to pan my purchases).

I am thinking, currently, of the cheapest Macbook Pro (The basic $2,000 model one). But the biggest issue is its ability to play Warhammer Online.

I am not a big gamer, but I have been waiting for this game for almost a year now, and I would need to play it on my macbook, as that would be my main computer.

I have already looked into bootcamp and all that, but my main weakness is the knowledge of the hardware.

Can you please tell me some firsthand experiences with this? Also, could anyone recommend the best model to run it all (Within the reasonable price range). PLease remember that I am a complete novice when it comes to hardware knowledge.

Thank you,

Billy

2. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

3. faust macrumors regular

faust

Yeah, I've heard no issues with running Warhammer Online via Boot Camp. If you use some emulating software, you may run into issues, as per with most games.

4. davwin macrumors regular

Same Here...

No issues running WAR on a 2.0 Unibody MacBook with 2GB RAM under BootCamp. I did need to modify the draw distance and a few other sliders for better performance at native res when in RvR but, that is on the 9400M. The 9600M GT is a much better GPU so you should be fine on the MBP even at higher quality settings and native screen res..

As an FYI, under emulation software such as VMWare or Parallels I have not been able to play WAR so BootCamp should be considered your only option currently for WAR.

5. Rodus macrumors 6502a

Rodus

^^seconded, even if it ran under vmware the performance would be horrific. AFAIK it can be run under Wine but that entails some major hacking. Bootcamp will run it fine.