Mac|Life iPad App Released

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by srl7741, Aug 29, 2010.

1. srl7741 macrumors 68020

srl7741

I just noticed Mac|Life finally released their iPad Magazine App. It's Free and has nothing fancy about it but it's out and I'm just happy to see it.

It lacks some basic features so don't expect much, if you install it be sure to send in feedback like they request.

Link

:)

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

It looks nice, but it is pretty huge at almost 200 MB. I subscribe to a number of periodicals using Zinio and it is nice to keep older issues on my iPad for reference. I probably wouldn't be able to do that with Mac|Life.

3. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Is Mac|Life on zinio? I thought it wasn't? I would love for it to be in zinio. I have several magazines now through zinio and I love it. I am clearing out a lot of magazines now and going all digital. Much easier to manage for me anyways.

I actually like the app. I have it on both iPhone and my iPad. The ability to send links etc from the app itself if nice. Not to mention reading from within the app.

4. srl7741 thread starter macrumors 68020

srl7741

It's not offered on Zinio (i don't think?) and one of the reasons I installed it.
    Naming it the Zero Edition makes me think we won't see another till all the feedback is in and they can improve it more.

For the moment I'm happy it's available and hope they do add to it offering a subscription like others are doing.

5. Mac In School macrumors 65816

I downloaded and read it. Seemed light. Is that all the content found in the print version? I'm not familiar with it.

6. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

not bad. i don't like that it doesn't remember where you left off if you close the app and the fact that you can't view the articles in text format. sometimes the articles read horizontally across two pages and it's kind of confusing to follow.

7. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Make sure you send this in the feed back. I have a feeling this is the type of stuff they are looking for.

8. RawBert macrumors 68000

RawBert

Nice app.

So when's the MacRumors app coming? Or was that just a rumor.

9. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

You're right - it is not available on Zinio. I subscribe to Mac|Life and so I get both the print version (which I'd prefer not to get) and the electronic version which I read on my MBP. I went all digital with my magazines about three years ago and I subscribe to a number of magazines through Zinio. When traveling, it is really convenient to have all the latest magazines with me, plus it is really nice that no trees are being wasted for my reading enjoyment.

10. DylanG macrumors regular

DylanG

The navigation is well done and it looks good in portrait. What I don't like is most of the text isn't rendered on the iPad. You're just viewing images and the text looks bad when scaled for landscape and can't be zoomed.

11. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

12. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I had no idea there was a digital version of Mac|Life and I am also a subscriber to the magazine. I have also gone away and if I can't find it on Zinio I usually don't by them. Love having them all at my finger tips also!