Mac Lion App Store, Daughters Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Trix10, Feb 27, 2012.

1. Trix10 macrumors member

Hey there, I used to have a Mac Mini from ebay and it had Snow Leopard installed on it.

I then purchased Lion through the app store under my apple id. Recently i purchased a brand new Macbook Pro, and gave the Mac Mini to our eldest daughter.

However i realised i couldn't wipe the machine, as she would lose the Lion operating system, which seemed backwards, so i just deleted things instead.

Is there a way to transfer ownership of the Lion operating system in the app store over to her apple id account? Or will it always be under my apple store id.

When Mountain Lion comes out, i am wondering if it will cause problems or not. With her trying to buy Mountain Lion through the app store with her ID, but the operating system is licensed to my ID, etc etc.

Hope i didn't just make that more complicated than it should be! Thanks for any help.

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

No, there is no way to transfer, but it doesn't matter, as the system doesn't track who bought the OS. She can simply start using her Apple ID for purchases, and when Mountain Lion comes out, buy it with her Apple ID. It won't pose any problems.

jW