Mac Lion Restore

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by CONFUSIONUK, Apr 4, 2012.

1. CONFUSIONUK macrumors newbie

Basically my friend had upgraded my Mac from Snow Leopard to Lion, but recently I've decided to wipe my hard drive clean and now I can't seem to install Snow Leopard again because it says I have to verify with Apple or something.

Any ideas how to just get Snow Leopard back? :confused:

2. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You only need to verify the Apple ID to reinstall Lion. For Snow Leopard, boot from the DVD by holding Option at the boot chime.

3. CONFUSIONUK thread starter macrumors newbie

But my snow leopard disc automatically starts trying to reinstall lion every time and I don't want lion :/

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

You'd better explain exactly what you're doing, because naturally a Snow Leopard DVD doesn't contain the files needed to install Lion. You're not accidentally booting into Lion Recovery instead of the SL install DVD, are you?

5. CONFUSIONUK thread starter macrumors newbie

When I boot using command I get internet recovery which I presume is for lion but if I select the snow leopard disc is takes a while then says reboot by holding power button :/

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Are you using the grey DVDs that originally came with your computer?

7. CONFUSIONUK thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah there all original, can't understand why it won't work :/

8. kaielement macrumors 65816

You must be doing something wrong because what you are saying wouldn't happen if you were doing it right. Because we are not there we can't verify what you are doing. You should take to apple store if you can't get it to work they should be able to help you out nicely.