Mac Magazine Subscriptions. What You Recommend? Or Currently Subscribed to?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lilskaterpunk, Nov 19, 2009.

1. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Mac Magazine Subscriptions. What Subscriptions You Recommend? Or Currently Subscribed to?

Yes I know you can find and read a lot more information on the internet now a days and some people really see no need to subscribe to a magazine subscription.
    Anywayz.... I am subscribed to MacLife and I enjoy reading the monthly magazine that I receive in the mail.
    What other subscriptions out there would you recommend for Mac reading? or if your subscribed to any that you think are worth checking out? Let me know! :)

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Physical Magazines? None.

Between here, Macworld, MacUser, TUAW and AppleInsider, that is more than enough info.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. You can find more up to the date info on the web than in magazines.

4. tallguy macrumors regular

Yes you can find more information on the internet but just like the OP said there are still some interesting articles written in magazines. That being said I would rather just go to the library and read any magazines that seem interesting as opposed to subscribing to one in particular.

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

And, most of those magazines have the same articles on the web.

6. solchitlins macrumors regular

Just read slickdeals 1yr subscrip to Mac life $4.99 w/coupon

I got one, thought I would pass on the info.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?p=24814166#post24814166

Coupon : 0761

here:
    http://www.tanga.com/products/mac-life-magazine-subscription?affiliate=slickdeals

This subscription does not come with a CD.

This is for new subscriptions and renewals. If you want to add a year to your current subscription, please make sure your name and address are EXACTLY as they currently are with the publisher. They will then add another year to your subscription when they get it.

7. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

My household has a subscription to Macworld magazine. I'd recommend it if a physical magazine is what you want.

8. lilskaterpunk thread starter macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Yes I totally understand about more information, rumors on the internet and its free, blah blah lol :p
    I sometimes prefer to read a magazine to kill time and to get away from the addictive laptop! lol I could read and read forever!
    Yes physical magazine.

Thanks everyone for ur comments. Ill check into them subscriptions and if you recommend any others, post away :apple:

9. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

This thread makes me wonder if there are any physical magazines about Mac OS X and stuff in the netherlands...

I haven't come across any of them though... too bad. Sometimes I like reading physical magazines aswell.

10. savoirfaire macrumors 6502

savoirfaire

I would bet a good chunk of the individual subscribers to MacLife or Macworld got theirs by registering their iPods, iPhones or Macs with Apple. With the exception of some brief gaps, this has kept me with a pretty continuous subscription to both over the last few years.

11. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

It's reading things like this that makes me realise how lucky I am to live in a country such as the UK.

12. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Yep I agree. Everything published in magazines is now ****ing late compared to the news published on internet.

However this is my favorite as well. And it's still more pleasant to read on paper than on an screen. Whatever 27ish screen you get lol

13. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

Well, yes you're right , cause when I was in London , I quickly visited the Apple Store there. We dont have any official Apple stores in the netherlands , just some premium resellers! Im quite jealous ... :(

14. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I subscribe to Macworld magazine.

I used to also subscribe to Mac Addict back in the day. The CD's full of games, aps, demos and plugins were awesome. I miss that magazine.

15. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Isn't that Mac|Life now?

16. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

Ohhh you make me remember the time we were child -that was in the 90s before internet- and I was waiting so badly for the postman to deliver this magazine with the free CD inside. Now with the web there is no savor anymore, everything is available immediately... :rolleyes:

17. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

18. lilskaterpunk thread starter macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Awesome guys, thanks!
    I have a subscriptions to Mac Life already, ill check out Mac World.

19. AngryApple macrumors 6502

I have a subscription to MacWorld. I really like it. I don't even own a Mac and it is still awesome.

20. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

MacWorld and MacLife.

To be honest its nice to be able to sit in the lazyboy disconnect a bit and read a magazine or newspaper.

21. lilskaterpunk thread starter macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Totally agree! These darn laptop/computers are taking over and I can spend hours after hours using them lol :p

22. philbeeney macrumors 6502

philbeeney

I have a Mac Tech subscription, but that magazine is aimed more at the Mac developer / administrator than your casual Mac user.

23. SXR macrumors 6502a

SXR

And those are not published in the Netherlands im sure....

thats too bad :[

Maybe i should start my own magazine lol..

24. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

Mac | Life is my magazine of choice. I found MacWorld to be pretty boring, rarely running any useful articles.

BTW I ordered a subscription for $5 late august, but the first issue hasn't arrived yet. :mad: I expect it will show up soon though.

25. lilskaterpunk thread starter macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Cool guys! I got those subscriptions and well see how I enjoy them.

I appreciate the comments :)