Mac magnified itself...?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by flyler, May 7, 2010.

1. flyler macrumors newbie

My Mac's screen has become magnified for no reason. I left the house and nobody was able to mess with it, and I come back everything is magnified to be like twice as big. I've gone to universal access in system preferences and can't fix it, and it has zoom off as checked. I also can't make it stop by holding control and moving the wheel thing on my mouse. Anything I can do to fix this error?

2. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

3. flyler thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you, that worked, but I am a bit curious as to how it got its resolution changed in the first place.

4. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

Do you run a mac mini? Or a laptop connected to an external monitor? My Powerbook g4 used to mess up its own resolution every once in awhile. After a sleep or a power on, the resolution would be all messed up. This didn't happen every time but it did happen every once in awhile.

5. flyler thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, just a Mac OS X. Also... none of the resolutions listed on the Display menu seem to feel... normal... Is there a way that I could set the resolution back to factory settings, and just the resolution?

6. Bacong macrumors 68020

Bacong

I think you misunderstood what I asked. Mac OS X is an operating system, not a type of computer. Do you have a laptop that you extend onto an external monitor?

What system do you have? Click the apple logo in the top left, select "About this Mac", then click "more info", and tell us the model number of your computer. For example, mine is "macmini3,1"

7. flyler thread starter macrumors newbie

Model Name: iMac
    Model Identifier: iMac7,1

All I really want is to reset the screen resolution to the default settings, though.:confused:

8. forcefieldkid macrumors 6502

The default is 1920 x 1200
    , taken from here

Have you got it set to that?

9. flyler thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is, that resolution is not offered in the display menu.

10. wickedjv macrumors newbie

Then you have a 20" model, which uses 1680x1050.