Mac Mail 3.5 Deleting Emails Sequence

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dmarzo, Mar 2, 2009.

1. dmarzo macrumors newbie

Hi

I am using a new 24 inch IMac. I just decided to use mail 3.5 vice thunderbird and have had a number of issues (To me, the program seems incredibly buggy which shocks me)...I have been able to work through most but here is a minor annoyance I cant seem to figure out...

When I delete an email from a list of emails, I want the next email that is highlighted to be the one that is the next one down, not the one that is the next one up. How do you establish this preference?

thanks - Dave

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

As far as I know you can't do this. Although it doesn't really answer your question, an alternative would be to reverse the order that you're sorting your mails in by clicking the column header.

3. dmarzo thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks - I see that works but will take some getting used to
    I did read in one other forum that I could program a mouse click to delete and move down--so I am thinking this could be a good step to program for when I click my mouse ball but not sure how to do that either - can anyone enlighten me? I know how to assign mouse clicks to my mouse but not sure how to program a key sequence

I would almost prefer to go back to thunderbird but I cant send pictures very easily with it and that is maddening