Mac Mail 3.5 - File Attachment Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Windowlicka, Sep 27, 2008.

1. Windowlicka macrumors newbie

Hi All.

First - noob to the forum, so I hope I post this in the right area (my apologies if not!)

I'm running Mac Mail 3.5 under Mac OS X 10.5.5 on an intel-based iMac.

My problem is that I cannot send an e-mail with any form of file/attachment associated with it (and regardless of the attachment type - .PDF, .JPEG, .DOC, .XLS, etc.). I can send 'text only' mails just fine, but as soon as I attach a doc/file I receive the following error message:

"Sending the message content to the server failed.

Select a different outgoing mail server from the list below or click Try Later to leave the message in your Outbox until it can be delivered."

I have an "@mac.com" address, and also two POP mail accounts (from my ISP).

It doesn't matter which account I try to use, I receive the same error message.

I've tried changing the options under "Mail > Edit > Attachments", but I'm at a loss... I'm sure this is a setting-change somewhere, but I don't know where... Can anyone please help me to resolve this infuriating matter?!?

Cheers,
    WL

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

I have the same as you in the version. I just sent myself a .doc file, so it could be your IP that prevents the attachments.