Mac mail 4.6 problem receiving

Discussion in 'iMac' started by expensivechris, Sep 15, 2015.

1. expensivechris macrumors newbie

Dear All
    I've got a weird problem going on right now with the Mac Mail 4.6 on my mac, which is running 10.6.8. No problems previously, but it's looping or hung or something. The twirly thing for my main account is constantly going round but no new e-mails appear, so I quit/force quit and restart to see the same message 8 or 10 times, all with slightly different times, but clicking on one shows it to have no content. I logged in with the ISP and new mails are displaying fine, as they are on my iPhone, so it's just the mac.
    I've turned off all the rules and checked the account settings etc. and Help is no use, so I'm stuck without a clue. Has anyone come across anything similar? Any help Very appreciated.

2. antman2x2 macrumors 6502a

I run a small web design/web services company and I can honestly say that 99% of my clients with mail problems are using apple mail on the mac. It just does stupid things all the time. The only thing I do when they are facing problems is remove the accounts completely and re add them on apple mail.