Mac Mail App & Gmail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmlxix, Feb 26, 2011.

1. mcmlxix macrumors 6502a

I've finally gotten around to using the Mac Mail app, and it just doesn't have all of the functionality I expected.

I have a couple of Gmail accounts, and I was able to add them all to the Mail app. I can view the inboxes separately or combined...yay.

Boo...

I don't see how to access my Gmail folders in Mail...sent, drafts, trash, or personal. I don't even see how to create folders in Mail.

When I open or delete an email in Mail, it doesn't open or delete in Gmail in Safari nor in the iOS mail app.

When I set up the Gmail accounts in Mail it defaulted the incoming mail server to POP, should it be IMAP. I doubt the incoming mail server even be relevant to the above problems.

Any help here?

2. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

It's not only 100% relevant, it's the solution to pretty much all of your issues. Delete the accounts and add them as IMAP accounts, and you'll get all of the behavior you're looking for.

jW

3. mcmlxix thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! WOW...it took forever to import all of the mail into the client. It made me realize that I needed to go on a deleting spree.

4. GGJstudios, Feb 26, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  5. JamesMB macrumors 68000

JamesMB

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios