Mac Mail Constant Sign-On Password

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by job1970, Aug 3, 2008.

1. job1970 macrumors newbie

I have been using macmail for quite a while now--and really enjoy it, until last week!!! Now, about every 3-5 minutes (sometimes more often), the password sign-on box pops up. It is getting very annoying! I have gone to preferences, don't see that anything has changed.

How can I stop this and stay signed on?

TIA

2. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

I'm having this same problem off and on. It's weird. I'm curious for an answer as well :)

3. Vagrant Dead macrumors newbie

Vagrant Dead

could it be that your email client is dropping which would force the Mac to want you to re-authenticate? Possible? :confused:

4. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Could be. It started doing it again last night with my gmail. I tried to access it on the web and said it was performing maintenance.

5. job1970 thread starter macrumors newbie

Could be the mail client! Mine is Comcast----!!!! However, all seems to be well in their comcastic-land. I reentered all of the information in my mac-mail (just deleted and repeated it--never changed a thing). I finally got back the one mail addy I desperately needed. I'm still getting the pop-ups, however.

Maybe someone will come along with their magic wand and offer me a "fix" for this problem.

Thanks!
    job1970

6. dbnaz macrumors newbie

Mac mail keeps asking for log on

This is a strange phenomenon. We have two Mac's and three Windows laptops in the house. We are connected to Qwest for internet and POP3 mail accounts.

The two Mac's keep disconnecting from the mail server. So every half hour or so, my little Mac Email starts hoping up and down for me to log in. Both our Mac's have this problem. The Windows machines have no problems what so ever and the only time you have to log in is if you close the application and re-open it. I really wish someone could tell me why our Mac's keep dropping the email server connection and asking for repeated logins. Is there a timeout somewhere in the Mac security that is forcing the connection drop? :confused:

Thank you!