Mac Mail continually crashes upon opening

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Rlynnkco, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Rlynnkco macrumors newbie

In the error dialog it said :

*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSFileHandleOperationException', reason: '*** -[NSConcreteFileHandle writeData:]: Result too large'
    abort() called terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException

I am not getting that screen anymore to grab more of it. I had been trying to address the "all mail" and delay in gmail issues in Mac Mail. It had been processing those changes fine until the drive filled up. i made more room on the drive, restarted, reset the pram and still when I try and open Mail it opens for a millisecond before crashing & then is in a continuous cycle .. of the message that your app crashed, do you want to reopen. I saw some folks had a terminal fix for the NSFileHandleOperationException with regards to color, I am hoping someone has a fix for this one!

I am using a MacBook Air running OS 9.5 and any help would be much appreciated!

2. Rlynnkco thread starter macrumors newbie

Fixed

I got it fixed. I had run Disk Utility Repair permissions but not checked the disk. There was an error with the Imap. Restarted in Repair mode & fixed with Disk Utlities - Repair Disk. Opened fine this time.